Don't you love a challenge? Especially when it involves taking photos of some of your favorite things? Me too!
When I read Kim's blog today, while I was waiting for the paint on my laundry room floor to dry (No, really, I meant to do that!), I checked out her blog. She had a link here to this challenge, and she also had a great photo already posted. The keener. Well, I can see why she was so prompt...it's a super easy-peasy challenge, and it only takes a few minutes to do.
These are all little things found by the water. The cool shaped stones were found on the beach at Lincoln City, OR, on our vacation in 2007. They are very unique, and they all have really amazing holes in them. The one on the bottom right is heart shaped, and also has a heart shaped hole right through it! How cool is that?! It is one of my favorites. Well, that and the Birthday heart. (see below).
Here is a list (left to right...just like reading...)
- Lincoln City, OR beach stone-great shape...cool hole (2007)
- Smooth shell from beach at Port Townsend, WA (1992-my Honeymoon)
- Sea glass from Port Townsend (1992)
- Black stone with white cross-from beach at Slave Lake, AB (circa 1979)
- Buffalo Tooth picked from edge of Old Man River and given to me by my friend Tyson as we were walking there. Who knows how old it is??? (Lethbridge, AB; February 2008)
- Sea Glass. (San Fransisco, 2008)
- Heart Stone-Gift from my son Levi's friend)
- Heart Stone -from walk up Wolf Creek, Canmore, AB, (2007)
- Heart Stone -Lincoln City, OR (2007)
- See above.
It was my birthday, and we were out poking around in the rocks...it was paradise for a rock collector like me! We were down near the water, the boys were tossing rocks and finding all sorts of great skipping stones, and I spotted a beautiful, big heart!
It was a long, steep climb up to the car...over loose rocks. Daniel carried this rock up that hill for me, and placed it in exactly the right spot in my garden when I got home.
Best gift ever! I confess, I'd rather have that rock to prove my husbands love than have him buy me a diamond.