Monday, October 29, 2007

Beautiful Words...


Have you ever encountered words of such grace that they take your breath away? Words that make you ache to express yourself in such simplicity and beauty?

Here is a patchwork piece of such a meeting....I marvel that any one could be so in tune with the elegance of nature...

Her hands lie open in the long fresh grass
Her fingertips look through like rosy blooms

Your eyes smile peace
The pasture gleams and glooms

Deep in the sun searched growths the dragonfly
Hangs like a blue thread loosened from the sky

From The House of Life #19 Silent Noon
by Dante Gabriell Rossetti


Do these words not just shine? Can you feel the beauty of the imagery? They have taken my breath away, and I revisit them time after time, especially deep into a hot afternoon when the sky glows and the dragonflies un-weave themselves from the fabric of a summer day to sway in the breeze.

As fall settles in I will hang on these words till I can return to the lake of my dreams.

No comments: