Sunday, November 25, 2007

Something Creative

It's been three weeks of struggling to do what we have to do, and of hurting beyond my ability to explain.
Anyone with a child knows what I'm talking about...seeing them going through something so painful and out of all of our control. All I've wanted; all I want, is to make the hurt and worry all go away. Having my hands tied; knowing I am helpless to protect them, is too hard.
Nialle is at home now, working on recovering and getting strong. Trying not to worry; trying to take one day at a time; trying to remember "normal". Vanessa is at his side, doing the same, trusting and praying and helping as best she can.

I realize we never know what tomorrow will bring. In the last three weeks, with this thing hanging over our head, there have been moments of joy and beauty and grace. Liam has been with us a lot. I am so thankful to be here, to have a tangible way to help, just being with my favorite little boy in the world. He is a joy!

One day we went to the Telus World of Science. Liam loved the discovery area, where he could dance on the big piano, build a wall...or rather help knock down the walls his Uncles built, or look in the fun-house mirrors.









Today I decided it was time for a bit of creative therapy. I made a mixed media piece with fabric, paper ephemera, buttons, metal bits, lace...and whatever else I could easily put my hand to here in my messy studio. I don't know what I'll do with it. I may use it as a base for a bag or book, or I may mount it on a canvas. I really like creating like this, with no end in mind, enjoying the process more than the product.


1 comment:

Karyn said...

Still praying for y'all and loving you....