Saturday, March 18, 2006

Words as Art

I love Words...both the regular written and the well spoken, and the look of print...different fonts, scripts, letter styles. The sheer number and variety of fonts, and individual styles of handwriting that are so easily recognizable amazes me. How does our brain process all the subtle differences?

So yes, Words fascinate me on that level, but also the power and beauty of words takes my breath away. I am working on an Altered Book along this thread. I did a bit of journaling along this line today. I have prepared the background pages and need to meld the two together, and I plan to do it in my own hand. I have always hated my handwriting, so this is a real stretch for me. But I feel this is how I need to become more free in my own skin.
I'll post the finished product later.

No comments: