Friday, March 07, 2008

Exceptions to Home Education

Sometimes, the conveyor belt is just a better idea all around......

“I just want to say that I'm against home schooling in the following areas: med school, dental school, firefighting certification, pilot training, and military stuff like artillery and tank qualification. Call me old fashioned, but I just think that official, regimented, certified programs with the proper teaching facilities are the way to go in those cases. Also, I'm NEVER going back to that homeschooled dentist again. He was horrible.”

From Fark.com.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm with you regarding dentists! Take a look at my dentist and you'll never go to a homeschooled dentist again!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

Karyn said...

What!? You don't think I can teach my kid to perform surgery?

Grandma Farm said...

Too funny! And I love the picture of Liam up top!

Anonymous said...

Hey Arlene did I not tell you of the Hang Glider I bought, and then taught myself to fly. These skills are highly rated by the suicidal.

arlene said...

Jim, I have heard that Wilbur and Orville did NOT have pilots licences!! Scandalous!

Vinjelu and Kathryn Muyaba said...

ha ha

me & my red shoes said...

Arlene, you are a hoot! After writing abt bday pressies, I think there should be home schooling for DH's. Taught, of course, by the MIL. :o)
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.